Critical.net is a leading provider of global solutions for risk management, fraud prevention, customer verification and compliance, user authentication, and live monitoring. Our comprehensive anti-fraud and risk management platform helps virtual companies verify users during account creation, login, identity checkpoints, and also during transactions; We assess the patterns, behaviors, and risks during customer transactions in real-time.
WE VALUE DATA PROTECTION
Protecting your privacy and keeping your personal identification information secure ("Personal Data") is a top priority at Critical.net.
WE ARE CRITICAL.NET
We are mostly "Data Processors": we process the Personal Data we receive from merchants ("Customers") for the provision of our Services. Customers receive Personal Data from you or other people.
Responsible for data processing
In some cases (for example, on our Websites), we also function as "Data Controllers" for Personal Data that you provide us directly.
¿HOW DO WE GATHER PERSONAL DATA?
As Data Processors, we receive your Personal Data from our Clients. We only process your Personal Data on your instructions and through your use of our Services, which are governed by contracts.
As Data Controllers, we collect Personal Data to provide the best possible experience for our users, for example, when utilizing the Website, or when communicating with us about our Services. We collect information in a variety of ways, for example, when you do any of the following:
- when you communicate with us by phone, email, Skype or during a scheduled face-to-face meeting;
- when you apply for a job or sign up for a product demo;
- when you participate in surveys, promotions, and special offers;
- when you submit Personal Data through our feedback form;
- when you join a mass email list;
- when you request assistance from our risk management team regarding the Critical.net Services;
- when you submit Personal Data through our Website; or
- when you use any of our Services
We also collect supplemental information from other sources, including:
- third parties, such as suppliers and vendors of Critical.net;
- publicly available sources of information; and
- Summits, conferences, trade events, and exhibitions.
¿WHAT KIND OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Below are some examples of Personal Data we may collect:
- name and position;
- contact information, including email address and/or phone number; and
- other information relevant to conducting customer surveys, promotions and special offers.
Information on minors
¿WHY DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Critical.net collects Personal Data to better understand your business needs and interests, improve our customer service, operate the Services we provide to Customers, personalize communication, and market our Services.
As Data Processors, we gather and use your Personal Data under the contractual obligations we have with our Clients. As Data Controllers, we only collect and use your Personal Data after you have provided us with your consent.
We may use your Personal Data for any of the following actions:
- provide you with information or services;
- improve our products and services;
- promote and commercialize services from Critical.net;
- provide a fraud risk assessment of your registered information to our Clients;
- facilitate information in regards to your account and the Services you obtain from Critical.net
- detect and prevent fraud; and
- customize our Services according to your needs and interests.
¿WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
We will not sell your information to third parties. Unless you give us your permission, we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Personal Data may be shared with third-party service providers, who need it to perform their work on behalf of Critical.net. These include data validators, authentication performers, as well as email and call/text providers. These third parties are trusted and authorized to use Personal Data only as necessary to provide their services. Critical.net takes reasonable steps to ensure that third parties protect your Personal Data. Critical.net may share data with suppliers and vendors but will only use it as described in this Policy. In addition, your Personal Data may be disclosed as required by law and when we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety, or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
Links to other websites
Our Website includes links to other sites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you provide your Personal Data to any of those sites, their use of your information is governed by the privacy policies of those sites.
YOUR RIGHTS AS AN INTERESTED PARTY
- You have the following rights regarding Personal Data that Critical.net, as a Data Controller receives directly from you:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information we have about you.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to correct information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances, you can request that we delete the data we hold about you from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply, you have the right to a restriction of processing in regards to your Personal Data.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: You also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
You can exercise all of the before-mentioned rights by contacting us as specified below.
As Data Processors, we provide reliable identity verification services to our Clients, involving the processing of Personal Data on their behalf. Inquiries regarding Personal Data that we process through our Services on behalf of our Clients should be directed to our Clients. You can visit our Website without providing your Personal Data. However, if you choose not to provide your Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain features of our Website.
You can choose whether or not you want to receive information from us. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us about our Services and the vital work we do, you can choose not to send us any Personal Data, access the option to unsubscribe from email communication or unsubscribe through the following email address: email@example.com. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Critical.net will process and store Personal Data in compliance with the GDPR.
In compliance with the GDPR, Critical.net has implemented effective physical, technical, organizational, and administrative measures and safeguards for the collection, processing, and movement of information to protect the personal data of individuals and to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. Critical.net will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers, which comply with all GDPR policies.
Data Security remains our highest priority, and we continue to innovate and invest in high levels of security and compliance.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We will respond to all requests, inquiries, or concerns within seven (7) business days.